Learn to Sail Opportunities with info on the Net
The high prize of life, the crowning glory of a man is to be
born with a bias to some pursuit which finds him in employment
and happiness -- whether it be to make baskets, or broadswords,
or canals, or statues, or songs.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
You should also check out the Sailboat Chartering
page, since many organizations offer chartering along with education.
American Sailing Institute
- Non-profit organization which offers sailing instruction and club
membership to all. Detroit Metro, Michigan.
- An international experiential education organization operating in
eight nations. Atlantic Challenge programs practice, share, and
encourage the rise of the skills of the sea including boat building,
sailing, rowing, and seamanship.
Atlantic Yachting Academy
- The Atlantic Yachting Academy is an adult oriented sailing school offering programs leading
to Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) certification.
Baltimore County Sailing Center (BCSC)
- Community sailing center located at Rocky Point near Baltimore, Maryland.
Bayfront Center for Maritime Studies (BCMS)
- Erie, PA.
Capital Sailing London
- Provides RYA training, examination and advice on marine activities for
individuals and companies in the heart of London.
The Corpus Christi International School of Sailing, Inc.
- Sailing school, chartering and also chartering in Belize.
Community Sailing of Colorado, Ltd
- Located on Standley Lake in Westminster and Cherry Creek Reservoir
in Aurora. Colorado.
The Downtown Sailing Center of Baltimore
- A non-profit community based sailing organization based in Baltimore, Maryland. Their mission is to promote sailing by: Offering the community
affordable access to quality sailing programs and events;
Providing education in sailing and water safety skills at all levels
for all ages; and Sponsoring both recreational and racing opportunities.
Blue Water Sailing School
- Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Edison Sailing Center
- Located on the south shore of the Caloosahatchee River in downtown
Fort Myers, Florida, the Center teaches children the fundamentals of sailing.
Glenans Irish Sailing Club
- Located in Baltimore and Collanmore. Glenans Irish Sailing Club
Ltd. is associated with, but separate from, the famous French sailing
school Les Glenans.
HERIZEN TM Sailing for Women
- Course designed for women by women provides personalized
sailing and self-awareness instruction. Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada.
Hinchingbrooke Watersports Centre
- Hinchingbrooke Watersports Centre is an RYA recognised teaching centre
offering RYA Levels 1,2,3 and young persons Stage 1,2,3, Advanced Red and
White as well as Powerboat Levels 1 and 2. Huntingdon Cambs, UK.
Full Sail Sailing School
- Sailing school in the British Virgin Islands.
International Sail and Power Association
- International Sailing & Power Boating Association is a non profit
organization dedicated to training and seamanship. Providing logbooks, home
study manuals for sailing, power boating, safety at sea and navigation. ISPA
has recommended schools who provide instruction in yachting, power boating
and learn to sail cruising vacations on the water.
Lake Merritt Boating Center
- The Lake Merritt Boating Center is the City of Oakland's
Urban Boating center. Oakland, California.
Mariner Sailing School
- Located in Alexandria, Virginia.
Monterey Bay Sailing and Diving
- Sailing cruises and Sailing School in Monterey, California.
Mumbles Sailing School
- Swansea Bay, Gower, Wales, United Kingdom.
National Outdoor Leadership School
- Includes their Baja Coastal Sailing Course
Navigation courses aboard Ocean Star
New York Sailing School
- New Rochelle, NY.
OCSC Sailing - San Francisco Bay
- Sailing school, chartering Berkeley, California.
Ocean Youth Club
- UK part of this European sail training organization.
Offshore Sailing School
- Since being founded by Olympic and America's Cup sailor Steve Colgate
in 1964, Offshore Sailing School has been dedicated to bringing newcomers
to this exciting world. And even more dedicated to providing the highest
quality sailing courses available.
Orange County Marine Institute
- Situated at the far west end of Dana Point
Harbor, California, it is a unique educational facility
helping children and adults alike experience our ever-changing ocean
environment. They own the brig Pilgrim.
Ottawa Sailing School
- Ottawa Sailing School, a member in good standing with both the Ontario
Sailing Association and the Canadian Yachting Association, is
dedicated to providing the highest quality sailing programs whether
you've never stepped foot in a boat before or you are a seasoned
sailor. Courses are offered in Ottawa, Kingston or down south.
The School of Ocean Sailing
- Portland, Maine
- See also Hurricane Island
Outward Bound which offers sailing both tall ships as well as the
traditional pulling boats.
- Information on the Chicago Park District/Rainbow Fleet sailing program,
River Cities Community Sailing Program
- Louisville, KY.
Sailing Education Adventures
- Community Sailing for the San Francisco Bay Area. Both for adults and
Society for the Education
of American Sailors (S.E.A.S.)
- A non-profit teaching organization teaching basic sailing on a fleet of
Sunfish, Phantoms and sloops. They also offer instruction for bigger boat
handling, cruising and racing.Chapters in NY and NJ.
Silver Waters Sailing
- Offering lessons with flexibile scheduling, content etc aboard
19 foot Lightning in the Rochester/Syracuse, New York area. The
owner is especially interested in helping other women get afloat.
Sistership Sailing School
- A sailing school for women, couples and families in the British Virgin
- San Francisco Bay.
To The Max Sailing School
- Big Boat training on the Maxi Yacht Obsession in Seattle during the
spring and day chartering during the summer.
U.C. Santa Cruz Boating Center
- Includes information on public summer boating classes.
Starpath School of Navigation
Traverse Area Community Sailing
- Traverse City, Michigan.
- Courses on building wooden boats, seamanship, and other course
useful for the sailor. You can check out my positive experiences
cruising on Christmas
in 1994, and a weather course in
The Wooden Yacht Fleet San Diego, CA
Youth Sailing Summer Camps and other Opportunites
The Buzzards Sailing School
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer
- YMCA resident camps located on the coast of North Carolina.
Cape Cod Sea Camps
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Echo Hill Outdoor School
- They are a non-profit environmental education center that emphasizes
Chesapeake Bay and freshwater aquatics appreciation and education through
utilization of a historic boat fleet and a campus that lies directly on
the northern Bay.
Sea Scouts, B.S.A.
Sailing - U.S.A.
- An online sailing course.
I'm always open to adding resources to my list, so if you
know of other items, give me a holler: email@example.com
updated: Aug 9, 2004
Click on anchor to return to main sailing page
Copyright 1994-2013 Mark Rosenstein.