The skills I acquired as a sailor served me well, for they gave me a
sense of pace which I might not otherwise possess. I see people all
about me who have never developed an adequate inner clock and who are
never at one with the wind because of it. The frantic individual tacks
too soon, jumping from job to job, friendship to friendship, spouse to
spouse, losing headway at every turn. The obtuse individual remains on
the same tack too long, investing too much time, talent, and energy
in a course that takes him far from his avowed objective. But the
seasoned sailor stays on the same tack as long as it appears
advantageous, and then, at the appropriate moment, pushes the tiller
toward the sail and deftly changes direction.
- Richard Bode First you have to row a little boat
Some Sailing Software info from the Net
- Velocity offers software for both performance prediction and for hull design,
and also consultation on speed under sail.
Blue Peter Marine Systems
- Providers of a family of hull design programs.
Nautical Technologies - The Cap'n
Electronic Charting System
- Marine navigation software.
- Developer of MarineMap electronic charting software
and RasterPlus digital nautical charts.
Posey Yacht Design
- Sailing simulators.
- Provides information on a shareware navigation program, WayPoint for
Windows, and celestial software called SkyMate Pro: The Navigator's Almanac.
Regatta Scoring and Race Management
- A comprehensive computer program for Regatta Scoring and Race Managment.
Sailing Results System
- This is page contents some free software to download which runs under
MS-DOS and assists in running a dinghy sailing race, specifically in
calculating the results using the RYA Portsmouth Yardstick system.
Starpath School of Navigation
- Including their free NavRules for WinHelp.
Stormy Weather SoftWare Ltd.
- "TIDES" - "ASTRO" - "MORSE" - "RACEPRO"
- A program for Windows provides club membership lists, race
and regatta management, handicapping and yardstick based scoring for
dinghies, trailables and keelboats.
- Computer Solutions for the Mariner - hardware, software
I'm always open to adding resources to my list, so if you
know of other items, give me a holler: firstname.lastname@example.org
updated: Sat Jan 23, 1999
Copyright 1994-2014 Mark Rosenstein.