More Tallship Sites
"I looked back now at Staten Island with the Horn behind, and
I hoped to God I should come that way no more in sail. I had
hoped that before, perhaps even more fervently on at least two
occasions; yet here I was again. And I made no promises and took
no oaths, for I knew well that my life, such as it is, is too
bound up in these ships for me to make forecasts. If the ships
bring me here again I suppose I shall come. But I hope not."
- Alan Villiers
More Tallship Sites
- Info on their 2006 Tall Ship event.
European Maritime Heritage
- A non-governmental organization for private owners of traditional ships,
as well as for maritime museums and other interested bodies.
The Ships of South Street
- A Web Site About Tall Ships, especially the ships of South Street Seaport
Tallships in Sweden
- Some images from a tallship visit to Sweden.
- Sailing ships with data, photos, history, etc.
- Offering direct links to Tall Ships, port festivals, Tall Ship media and
other subjects connected with Tall Ships.
Tall-Ship Friends Hamburg e.V.
- Tall-Ship Friends is a non-profit-making organisation whose aim is to
support windjammers by promoting sail training. They are concentrating on
the Russian vessels MIR and KRUZENSHTERN and the Ukrainean TOVARISHCH.
Golden Gate Tall Ships Society
- Their objectives are to have fun, raise money by supporting and chartering
tall ships and give it away to children for sailing adventures. San Francisco,
The Maine Windjammer Association
- An association of traditional sailing ships in Maine.
Tall Ship Millennium Challenge
- A project that sponsored 500 Canadian youth to sail in the Tall Ships 2000
race. The project is now going into its second phase where they are building
an official Canadian Tall Ship.
Tall Ships Tales
- Memories of sailing the Eye of the Wind.
Pictures from Amsterdam Sail 2000
- From Julie Boring.
Tall Ships 2000 - Southampton
Tallships 2000 Race (Bermuda page)
Images from LIFE's Shipyard
- Some Tall Ships that have visited Lunenburg harbour.
Northwest Schooner Society
- The main object of the company is to "Advance the education and
physical, mental and spiritual development of young people from
Shetland and elsewhere by providing or assisting in the provision of
facilities for training in sailing and seamanship so that they grow to
full maturity as individuals and members of Society".
Sail Shetland has been successful in attracting the Cutty Sark Tall
Ships Races to Lerwick in 1999, and will be responsible for organising
the event whilst it is in Lerwick.
Cutty Sark Tall Ships' Race
- The Official Site.
SchoonerMan's Tall Sailing Ships
- Lots of links to tall ship related information.
- Links to many schooners.
- Boundless Windjammers is planning on building, "An Accessible Schooner
For Those with Limited Mobility".
- They are building a brig on Skeppsholmen, right in the heart of Stockholm,
with the old swedish naval brig Gladan as model.
Wisconsin Lake Schooner Education Association
- They are planning on building a "floating, traveling classroom",
a reproduction of a 19th Century Great Lakes Schooner; a 130 foot,
three masted vessel. It will be built on Milwaukee's lakefront, with
Wisconsin products and labor.
- Project to build a replica of Dunbrody, a three masted barque,
originally built in Quebec, Canada to be used to tell the tale of the Irish
emigration to the U.S. and Canada.
- Building a replica of a Swedish East India vessel.
Heritage Tall Ships, Inc.
- They are located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada and are in the
process of converting a research vessel into a Barque, to represent Canada in
the Tall Ship 2000 Race.
- Building the steel two-masted topsail schooner Island Rover.
- In summer 1997 - as part of the UK's millenium celebrations for the year
2000 - the construction of the Mayflower 2000 will begin on Chambers Wharf
in Southwark (by the side of the River Thames in London, England).
Spirit of South Carolina
- The South Carolina Maritime Heritage Foundation, is undertaking to build
a magnificent tall ship to be named the Spirit of South Carolina.
- A reproduction of the 18th century schooner.
Sail Training Barquentine Calliope
- Design for a sail training vessel as part of the diploma thesis of
Publicly Accessible Large
- A listing from the U.S. National Park Service's
National Maritime Initiative
- They are designers, surveyors, consultants and riggers, especially
for sailing vessels from 30 meters and above.
- A collection of information on sailing ship terms, and information
about vessels from Fredrik Sandström
- A page of information and links from Andrew Draskoy.
- Project for the Los Angeles Maritime Museum to build twin Brigantines
for youth training, the Irving Johnson and Exy Johnson.
H.M.S. Detroit Project Inc.
- Site describing a proposal to build a replica of the H.M.S. Detroit
the last warship to be built at the Amherstburg naval shipyards .
- Site describing a proposal to build a replica of the USS Portsmouth
a sloop-of-war which took part in the battle for California in 1846.
Tallships in the Canadian Maritimes, 1995
- Reports from Cristobal, a 70 foot Herreshoff ketch from Camden, Maine.
Book a Berth
- A travel service booking bunks aboard tall ships.
Tall Ships at Halifax
- Photos are by MARK macphail of the tallships at Halifax in 2000.
Crewing aboard the tall ship Endeavour
- A tale from Dick McMahon.
I'm always open to adding resources to my list, so if you
know of other items, give me a holler: firstname.lastname@example.org
updated: Wed Oct 11, 2000
Click on anchor to return to main sailing page
Copyright 1994-2015 Mark Rosenstein.